29. juli 2010

... like...bobbypin

This reality is slowly but surely becoming my reality.
I've realized the past year was a completely different reality. More like a dream. And to try to keep the things and people in my dream alive, while I am living in reality is hard. It is possible, but hard. And believe me, I am trying my hardest.
The very same moment as I think everything is perfect, I can do it all, and I'm on top of the world - I feel the weight of missing everyone and everything in La Crosse. Everything is not perfect, at least not yet. And I can't do it all, at least not by myself. And I am not on top of the world, to quote a-number-of-different-bands, I can feel the weight of the world on my shoulders.
Today I have been home for 2 weeks. Can you believe that? 2 weeks ago I was sitting in the couch next to the girls who has meant the world to me for the last years, and I didn't understand anything of what they were saying or worrying about or thinking. All I could think of was the greater picture: The World. Rotary. Exchange. Peace. Travelling. Helping. La Crosse.
I still float off to this universe sometimes, but not as often as I used to 2 weeks ago. People have been helping me a lot, without thinking about it I think. or maybe not?

There are words in english I cant remember, like mashed potatoes. I had to ask Patrick what the word for mashed potatoes was, because I had completetly forgotten, and then again, there are words from my english that I've taken with me to Norwegian. Like bobbypin!! There is no word for bobbypin in Norwegian, and everytime I say it someone looks at me like what I just said doesn't make sence. Bobbypin. It's a part of my voacublary. In norwegian. Bobbypin.
And realized, which doesn't really fit into the Norwegian language, because we have words like 'realize', just not an exact word for it. So I use it. In norwegian. And it sounds stupid. Realize.

I guess what I'm trying to say is.. Thank you to everyone who supported my choice of going to La Crosse. Thank you to everyone who welcomed me with open arms in La Crosse. Thank you to everyone who took care of me and loved me in La Crosse. Thank you to everyone who cried at the airport when i left La Crosse. Thank yo to my family who were (A bit late) at the airport when I arrived Norway for the first time in 11 months. Thank you to my friends and family who stil lov eme, even though they haven't seen me in what seems like forever. And, thank you now, to everyone who's putting up with me and my... American-life-style.

Ingen kommentarer: